● Mar., 2014 -: Lidar is operated at Ny-Aalesund, Svalbard.
● 4-19 Jan., 2012: Observation campaign of humidity and cirrus clouds at Biak, Indonesia.
Shibata and Sakurai (B4) participated the campaign. There were still an aerosol layer at around CPT.
● 31 Mar., 2011: Dr. Youichi Inai, Asistant Professor, left our lab.
● 4-15 Jan., 2011: Observation campaign of humidity and cirrus clouds at Biak, Indonesia. Shibata participated the campaign. An aerosol layer probably originated from some volcanic eruption was found at around cold point tropopause. Some interesting events like cirrus cloud layer was formed within the aerosol layer was observed. The observations of aerosols by balloon borne OPCs (Optical Particle Counters) were succeeded.
● 5 Apr., 2010: Mr. Amit Kumar Mishra from India joined our lab. as a Mext scholarship student.
● 1 Apr, 2010: Dr. Youichi Inai, Asistant Professor, joined our lab.
● 1 Feb., 2009: Defence of Master theses by Makiyama and Uemoto.
● Oct.-Dec, 2009: visiting professor Kandula Niranjan from Andhra University, India.
● 3 Feb., 2009: Defence of Master theses by Maruwaka and Yang
● 5-17 Jan., 2009: Observation campaign of humidity and cirrus clouds at Biak, Indonesia. Shibata and Uemoto participated the campaign. We could get fine data.
The figure below is the lidar observed cirrus clouds over Biak from 8 to 16 January, 2009.
● 10 Jan., 2008: Tropical cirrus observed by lidar at Biak, Indonesia（1S、136N)
● Oct., 2008: Bachelor thesis by Kouketsu was published in SOLA. （pdf)